Monday 7 March 2011

Daily Update

I’ve decided that a daily update is the best way to do this blog. If I don’t do this daily I will either forget to do it, or I will have post like yesterday. Yesterday’s post was a rambling mess. Four complaints have already come in! Three of them chimed about my lack of proof reading and one for causing someone to cry. I’m done talking about yesterday though.

Today has been a better day already. I woke up crazy early and I’m not sure why. Went to my one class of the day, followed it up by mailing three postcards out to family and friends. I think sending postcards are the coolest thing and I’m not exactly sure why. I send Lexi one or two a week! I know she likes them and is hoping to scrapbook all of them! I followed that up with a quick run to the pharmacy. My search for a NetiPot came to an end today. However, it was not the outcome that I wanted. Apparently NetiPots are not offered in the United Kingdom. I had to settle for some sort of spray to help my sinus problems. I’m now at Starbucks using free and fast Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is not what it is in the states here. Actually, it is quite awful. The internet at school is slow. Unlike the States, most places charge you for it and it is slow. Also, I find it hard to work when I’m at school. The library is nice to work at, but I have never been a fan of staying in libraries. I always think they smell funny. My room has a nice desk, but I constantly find myself cruising the internet, falking (Facebook stalking), and or just taking a nap. Most importantly, good coffee is hard to come by. Even Starbucks isn’t the same. I can’t find a coffee place other than McDonalds that serves a bitter, strong, black coffee the way I like it. That is enough of me complaining about Coffee and Wi-Fi.

My other goal with this blog is to point out the differences I spot here in the culture. Some will probably favor America while others will not. Today it favors Scotland. I am amazed at the amount of parents who spend time with their children. I constantly see couples during the week day walking with their children. Today I saw two parents taking their teenage daughter out for coffee together. This family is currently sitting down and just talking. They are not rushing, the girl is engaging her parents, and neither party looks like they will leave anytime soon. This is just one of many examples I have seen of this. Families are simply better at slowing down, enjoying the little things, and communicating!

Quote – “Life’s a garden. Dig it!”

Song- Summer of 69 by John Cougar Mellon Camp

Have a great day all,

Love Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment